living room: a room in a residence used for the common social activities of the occupants.
And we also know it’s so much more when you are decorating the space! Usually it reflects the owner’s vision of the space where there are so many ideas and choices to set up this very important room in a home.
Recently asked, if I had been given a furniture item, what would be the style, the mood that would accommodate a beautiful living room. Not just any furniture item, but from Arhaus! One of my favorite stores; their sophisticated lines are beautiful in all categories for the home and their showrooms are spectacular!
Since 1986, Arhaus® has been designing home furnishings! Beautiful, high quality and so unique! The company takes their customers seriously and ensures the Arhaus® furnishing meets their high quality standards.
What is the furniture choice? A sectional sofa! Sectional sofas are meant to have seating without the feeling of restraints of designated seating with style. There is nothing wrong with a beautiful sofa or a love seat; however sectional sofas give added room and allows the circumference of a room to be fully used when required for that extra seating.
When first introduced, many thought the sectional sofa was for the lower level of a home; where a game room or bar might be! Well that’s all changed and Arhaus®’s designers have a beautiful line of sectional sofa’s, over forty-two! I’d reviewed each description and the steel suspension construction is so welcomed; quality at it’s best! So it was very, very hard to choose which one, but I think I got it!
My choice is Darrow, a crescent shaped sectional sofa! I’d choose this style for it gave me ideas in a living room that would be peaceful, a Feng-Shui scenario with a modern touch. This sectional has three options; either 119″, 148″ or 152″, so if a living room could not hold the three sections, the 119″of two sections would comfortably fit in standard size living room.Now, let’s dove in my excitement of my choices:
- Arhaus® provides the Darrow sectional sofa in eight beautiful colors; however I was drawn to their custom colors. One in particular, it’s name is Taranto Blue. The fabric has look of a herringbone style pattern; which is quite attractive.
- The paint, I’ve chosen Benjamin Moore’s Feather Gray to be the accent color in the room. While the wallpaper choice is a shimmer of gold and a luster of gray by Fabricut.
- Then there’s this gorgeous hand-knotted contemporary rug name Yiska, also by Arhaus® ; it also plays with the color scheme chosen. It gives the look of reflected water.
- Keeping with the curve pattern dimensions from the Darrow sectional sofa, I chose this electic Trocadero Kidney brass cocktail table by designer Jonathan Adler. The table is covered in a pieced and lacquered inky charcoal goatskin and adorned with three, inset sand-cast brass medallions.
- Next is a tall floor lamp. Also brass; with clear Lucite accents by Savafieh. And yes, I would use two floor lamps in the far corners of the room (opposite the main window in the living room that allows sunlight to stream in).
- For accent pieces, it can be limitless in ideas. I chose white vases of different heights and shapes – giving some crispness. As for greenery, little cacti plants to place throughout the room. To scent the room, fresh flowers like colorful peonies, hydrangea and mulberries.
- Lastly, a 3 panel painting of an inviting Buddha head that can be placed on the living room wall to also tie in the curveness of the Darrow sectional sofa and the color hues selected.
This was a pleasure to do!! You can get great ideas for your home. Take a moment to view Arhaus®’s website, there’s something for everyone! Arhaus…your home!
Reference of choices: Arhaus®, Jonathan Adler, Fabricut , West Elm, and Savafieh.