“Summer fun is connecting with family and friends, good food and having FUN!!…Letia
A few months ago I was sweetly reminded of the seafood parties I used to give years ago and how it would be so wonderful if we could partake in one again; this time a little smaller!
I thought about it and said; “You know what…why not!” A superb idea, got planned and then held just this past weekend! The most important part of the party of 14, everyone had such pure enjoyment in eating the good food and spending time with each other! Which definitely made a great mix of food and conversations and a lot of laughter!! On Saturday we started with:
- 6 dozen Maryland crabs, cooked in beer, crab seasonings, chili peppers with parboil bags of chorizo sausage and red potatoes!
- Fried flounder fried in a lite cornmeal batter
- Fried tilapia in a lite egg Cajun batter
- Fried shrimp in a lite cornmeal batter
- Cold penne and prawn shrimp salad; with spanish olives, red and yellow bell pepper with cherry tomatoes
- Cold chucked corn salad with fresh lime; with specs of cilantro and avocado slices
- Crab rangoon
- Cheese platter with crab cheese dip, smoked gouda, brie, goat cheese, salami, mozzarella, honey, strawberries, grapes and flavored crackers.
- Strawberry shortcake <delicious>
- Peach Ice Tea, Beer and White Zinfandel
There was more food, more eating and then some more food! Then the next day, yes Sunday it was hot dogs, pork & beans, chips, swimming in the pool and watching SPIKE TV episodes of Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer; leaving us to wonder whether we all could be becoming bar owners! LOL!
Well, I hope this post made you hungry and thinking about the rest of your summer. Is it going well or you just haven’t had the time to even think about having a summer get together? Well maybe, just maybe I might have changed your mind! There’s a few more weeks left! If yes, I would love to hear about it! 🙂
Thanks Oni for suggesting the party! Everyone had such a good time!!!!!!! ❤
- Summer comfort food…Crabs with Spaghetti (essenceofeatingandrinking.wordpress.com)
- Maryland Crab Feast (katiegams.wordpress.com)
All Pictures by Letia Mitchell LifeStyle & Design LLC. Recipes, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org