“Letia, we met you at the InStyle event for Bare Minerals and John Adler; where most of us kept admiring your skin! What do you use to keep your skin so good! There’s not a bump on your face (we purposely was looking), which made your makeup look simply flawless? Linda”
I always get the question, what do you do to have such great skin? Suprisingly it’s not a hard regimen, but I stick to it – no matter what!
There’s not one brand of products I stick to, it’s the products which I have found to work best for me. You will have to do some work to find out for yourself.
I usually ask for samples (5 -6) and coupons to test a product by contacting the company. You can never know how a product works after one application, unless you try it for about 3 – 5 days.
However, if when using a product it gives you an immediate skin irritation, STOP using it!!! If you have to use more natural products, less abrasive – you may have to go right in the kitchen and make your own! It’s easy and simple.
- Put on some soft relaxing music!
- If you wear makeup – you should never go to bed with makeup on your face! NEVER!!!!!!!!
- I first fill my sink basin with clear warm water, a green tea bag and place a clean washcloth; immersed in the water for about 3-5 minutes (if you have a towel warmer – you can warm it up that way too).
- Then taking Albolene, I remove my makeup with a soft tissue. Followed by 2-3 makeup remover cloths; my favorites are by Neutrogena (economy pack from Costco) or e.l.f..
- Then I use a drop (dime-size) of NARSkin Gentle cleanser and wash my face with my hands (in a in/then out motion). The cleanser is very light and it is infused with wild rose extract and chamomile; also Monoi oil.
- Then I take the warm washcloth, wring out excess water and let it rest on my face for about 2 minutes. Then I wipe my face; four dabs of pure coco butter to moisturize the face, drink two glasses of water.
- If it was a extremly tiresome day, I’ll place two tea bags in the warm water with washcloth and use them later to place over my eyes for about 5 – 10 minutes (cool to the touch)…. then say Goodnight!
- Fill my sink basin with clear warm water, a green tea bag and place a clean washcloth.
- Using my Clarisonic cleansing brush, I use a drop (dime-size) of NARSkin Gentle cleanser and clean face in the four areas (forehead, right cheek, left cheek, then chin and neck). If you do not have a cleansing tool – in one minute circular motions use a wash cloth in the same areas.
- Take the warm washcloth; wring out the excess water and let is rest on my face for about 2 minutes. Then I wipe my face. Then take magnifying mirror and tweezer – I do the eyebrow inspection to remove any unruly eyebrow hairs.
- Then I moisturize with RevitaLift® Triple Power™ Deep-Acting Moisturizer* cream on face and neck; apply in a in/then out motion). SPF30 cream on. All followed by drinking two glasses of water.
- Then I wait about 10 minutes before putting on my makeup. If not going out, then a fresh face it is!
* I did a trial for 2 weeks with samples and used a provided coupon by L’oreal to buy the item! Skin is more supple since using it.
For the Body
- I use a body brush with a nice body wash when taking a bath or shower. Lately, I’ve been using Dove’s Shea Butter Beauty Bar With Warm Vanilla…the moisturizing is GREAT! But I also use VitaBath and this pure French soap called Marseilles Soap Lavender Soap Bar is to die for! I received 4 bars as a gift, it’s wonderful – a bit pricey – but you can splurge on yourself once in a while!
- All followed by a warm towel, moisture with good old Vaseline with coco butter!
Now I did purchase a jar of Intensive Glow Pads Brightening Treatment pads from BareMinerals to help even out my skin tone, so I will keep you posted on the results!
Also, I cannot tell you how essential it is to moisturize and to drink water too! WATER? H2O, yep WATER! The body needs it and the skin needs it even more! And healthy eating too!
There are so many variations in skin types. If your daily routine is not getting the results you need, try going to a certified dermatologist. There are so many advantages in seeing one; where there are many options available to achieving healthy skin!
The last thing is that really helps me with my skin care is to take “ME, ME and ME” breaks to distress, once in a while making a teapot of my favorite tea; such as chamomile or Jasmine and always have a good laugh!!
I hope this was helpful! Thanks so much for writing me and I will be back at the BareMinerals Boutique real soon!!!! 🙂
Products purchased by Letia Mitchell LifeStyle & Design®. Websites are provided, all other items can be brought at your local drugstore!
Remember to subscribe to websites to receive great offers, coupons and the latest newsletters.